How to get a Marijuana Enforcement Division Employee License
To work in the Cannabis industry, you must obtain an Employee License issued by the Marijuana Enforcement Division
Before You Apply, be aware that applying for or holding a MED Employee License and working within the Colorado Regulated Marijuana Space may have adverse Federal Immigration consequences.
In order to work within Colorado's Regulated Marijuana Industry, you must first apply and be approved for a MED Employee License. The Employee License and the application fee will be $100.00.
Prior to Submission - DON'T FORGET:
- Application: Submit a completed MED Employee License Application, including all necessary supporting documentation. Please download the application and review it carefully to ensure you are eligible to hold this type of MED license.
- Identification: Your submission must include a copy of your Colorado driver license or Colorado ID Card.
- Fingerprints: You must have your fingerprints taken prior to submitting your application. During this time, the MED will not be offering in-office fingerprint services. Applicants may have fingerprints taken using a third-party vendor. When submitting your application, please include a copy of your receipt showing you completed your fingerprints by visiting one of the following providers:
- Payment: The MED cannot complete the intake of your application without your payment of the Employee License Application Fee of $100.00.
- Please include a check, money order or credit card authorization with your application submission. NO CASH will be accepted.
- To accommodate email submissions, the MED is also offering an online payment option available via the Colorado Interactive Payment System. For applicants using this online payment option, a MED staff member will contact you via email with a link to submit your payment.
- PLEASE NOTE: inaccurate payment may delay the issuance of your license. Full and proper payment is required, so please double check your payment before submitting it! For a summary of fees, please see our MED Fee Schedule.
You may either Mail or Email your application to one of the following MED offices - please email your application to only one of the locations below - multiple submissions will slow the processing of your application:
Lakewood Office - 1707 Cole Blvd. #300. Lakewood, CO 80401
Colorado Springs Office - 1030 S Academy Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80910
Grand Junction Office - 632 Market St. Suite 63, Grand Junction, CO 81505
Longmont Office - 275 Main St. #101, Longmont, CO 80501
Once you’ve submitted your application, here is what’s next:
- If you pass your background check your badge will be mailed to the mailing address you provided on your application.
- If we need more information you will be notified and given a period of time within which to provide us with the requested information.
- If you fail your background check you will be notified and advised what steps you can take to become eligible for licensure.